Wednesday, July 17, 2013

US Open of Surfing 2013

The US Open of Surfing is about to begin in Huntington Beach, and it looks like Vans is the title sponsor this year.  This event and the great surfers who compete always bring in huge crowds.  
Photos I took at the event in the past couple years.

It's especially fun for my family and I to watch since my son's good friends surf the event.  Brett Simpson and Tim Reyes are family friends so we look forward to supporting them and cheering them on again this year.  Brett actually won it 2 years in a row and that was really exciting for everyone around here!


Shaun, Brett and my son, Matt

I'm looking forward to taking my granddaughter, Everleigh, to her first surf contest.  She loves the water and is coming around to the idea of going in the ocean.

Everleigh and I at Dog Beach this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment